1. My trio with Peter Barshay on bass and David Rokeach on drums has three concerts coming up in the New Year!
Jan 27 at Piedmont Pianos in Oakland
Feb 4 at Bird & Beckett in San Francisco
Mar 16 at Piedmont Center for the Arts, under the auspices of Jazz in the Neighborhood.
2. Continuing to play Weds. & Sat. every week at Pican.
3. Winter term for my trio classes at Jazzschool in Berkeley starts Jan 13.
4. ‘From Transcription to Solo’ workshop Feb 12, noon – 3pm, at the Jazzschool in Berkeley.
A hands-on analytical overview of transcribed solos by three jazz piano masters: Bill Evans, McCoy Tyner and Barry Harris. I guide participants in learning how to think about and extract ideas about rhythm, harmony and melodic phrasing in order to create their own lines and fragments. Open to all instrumentalists. Bring your instrument. Prerequisites: knowledge of the four types of triads and the major, minor, dominant and fully diminished seventh chords.
5. In addition to my private teaching practice, I am now a part of the faculty at Play with A Pro, an online teaching site based in Denmark. Click the link and check it out.
6. If you would like to be on my email list for occasional news of my musical activities, you can sign up on my contact page.